Early in 2012, in anticipation of the significance of March 21st, a network of nonprofits led by Bright Blue EcoMedia put into place a citizen’s call to action to film the stories that define Vermont Energy Independence. Hundreds of Vermonters participated …
- College classes filmed campus sustainability initiatives;
- Vermont businesses highlighted the nation-leading green jobs sector;
- High school and middle school students edited films about solar, biofuel, recycling, efficiency, and other community initiatives;
- Non-profits organized field trips to eco-houses and renewable energy installations; and
- Vermonters of all ages and incomes sent images and commentary on the energy lifestyles, statewide commitment, and day-to-day actions needed to achieve energy independence.
View the resulting film below and then visit the VTEID YouTube page to view all the individual submissions.